Corporate, Finance & IT
A large group of business professionals make up Tutt Bryant’s Corporate, Finance and IT teams, known as ‘Group’. Working within a complex, multi-divisional structure, a broad variety of responsibilities and roles can be found across all levels of the organisation.
Tutt Bryant’s professionals have joined group with a variety of backgrounds, some bringing experience from other regions and industries, with many starting their careers in operational roles, then progressing through mentoring and further study into corporate and business management.
Our teams are diverse and include, but are not limited to:
- Corporate Development
- Quality Assurance
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Industrial Relations
- Information Systems and Technology
- Corporate Administration
Assistant Accountant – Immediate Start
Location – Melbourne / Inner-West – General Equipment Hire
- Salary Package negotiable
- Commercial, operational and systems focus
Tutt Bryant Group Limited is a large Australian group of industrial companies operating in General Equipment Hire, Equipment Sales and Crane Hire.
Tutt Bryant Hire is a major Division within the Tutt Bryant Group and is searching for an experienced and proven Assistant Accountant to join a highly motivated finance team. Reporting to the Finance & Commercial Manager you will take responsibility for:
- Month end processing
- Quarterly, half yearly and annual accounting & taxation reporting disclosures
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Day to day accounting functions – GL, bank reconciliation, cash flow, etc.
- Monthly BAS processing
- Liaising with Regional and Branch Managers and support staff
- Streamlining accounting controls and procedures across all branches
- Assist with audit requirements
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Various other ad-hoc duties as directed
This will require you to have a strong understanding of the treatment of accruals and prepayments in relation to the P&L. You will have a keen analytical mind and a strong reconciliation ability to conduct in depth analysis and ensure items are reconciled accurately and on a timely basis.
Also, this is an excellent opportunity to showcase your systems and process management experience as the Hire division looks to review processes across the board.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
- 3 years+ experience in a similar role
- a keen eye for detail
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- degree qualified
- a sense of humour coupled with a hands on approach
- the ability to work autonomously or in a team environment combined with the ability to develop effective working relationships across all staffing levels
Further information regarding the Group can be located on the Company’s website at www.tuttbryant.com.au.
If you believe you have the necessary attributes for this role, please click on the apply button. All applications must include a covering letter with your resume if you wish to be considered.