About the company
Tutt Bryant Group
Originated in 1938, Tutt Bryant Group is a construction equipment supplier providing equipment sales and hire, parts and services, cranes, heavy lifting & specialised transport, and engineering solutions. Tutt Bryant has been known for quality, professionalism and innovation in the construction and heavy equipment industry. Today Tutt Bryant operate nationally with more diverse capabilities to the construction, mining, and trade sectors in Australia.
Tutt Bryant Hire is the organisation’s General Equipment Hire division. With a comprehensive range of equipment for hire from 19 geographically diverse locations, Tutt Bryant Hire services customers in the construction, mining, engineering and trade sectors across Australia.
The Role & Your Requirements
About the role
We are seeking a suitably qualified diesel mechanic / diesel fitter to join our team as Service Technician based out of our Newcastle depot located in Beresfield. This role will comprise of a mix of workshop and field service work. You will be working on quality late model & low hour and clean equipment.
- Pre-Hire inspections & general maintenance of the hire fleet
- Carry out engine servicing, electrical & hydraulic service & diagnostics as required
- Parts ordering & stock control
- Accurately record service detail & complete associated paperwork
- Maintain the fleet in a ready for hire state
- Liaise with customers to provide technical information & assistance where required
- High attention to detail & be safety conscious
- Ability to work at heights
- Follow procedures
Skills & experience
- Trade qualified – Experience with diesel engines & plant equipment
- EWP & Forklift Workcover tickets (or willingness to obtain)
- Valid driver’s licence (Workshop vehicle Provided)
- Sound communication skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Have high attention to detail and sound record keeping
- Be customer focused with the ability to work unsupervised
- Highly efficient time management & problem-solving skills
- Ability to use computers & diagnostic equipment
What we offer
Employee discounts & benefits scheme. OEM Product training. A supportive, fun, family friendly, positive; safe & secure work environment, with competitive salary & career progression for the right person. Tutt Bryant have been in operation for more than 80 years
How to apply
Join the team
Check us out at tuttbryant.com.au/tutt-bryant-group/
If you feel you have what it takes to fulfil the above criteria, please apply to:
The Branch Manager – Newcastle.