Fleet & Equipment Specialists
As a group of dynamic, customer-focused individuals from diverse backgrounds, Tutt Bryant’s Fleet and Equipment Specialists are the team behind the reliability, performance and longevity of the equipment Tutt Bryant sells and also operates.
Whether it’s coordinating the daily logistics of on-hire and off-hire at our branches, procurement planning for new additions to Australia’s largest crawler crane fleet, the delivery and commissioning of new crushing and screening equipment on client’s sites, or operations management of specialised transport projects, Tutt Bryant’s Fleet and Equipment Specialists are always on the forefront of providing exceptional service, ensuring the job at hand is carried out in a professional and economic manner.
Mobile Crane Operator
Tutt Bryant Heavy Lift & Shift is a major crane hire, heavy haulage and specialised transport provider in Australia. Operating a fleet of crawler and mobile cranes, supply base services and specialised transport equipment from our Darwin Branch where we service our diverse client base across mining, oil & gas and construction sectors and many other industries across Northern Australia.
In order to service our existing long term contracts and local work, an opportunity is available for an experienced Mobile Crane Operator to join our Darwin team.
What we are looking for:
This full-time position is locally based in Darwin and the successful applicant will need to have:
- Heavy Combination license
- Forklift license
- Open slewing crane license
- Advanced Rigger (Scaffold erection and tagging)
In addition to the above mandatory qualifications, skills and experience you must have:
- Good oral, written communication and analytical skills
- Ability to participate as an effective team member and work unsupervised
- Full understanding and commitment to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality procedures
- Attention to detail with regard to the completion of company paperwork
- Basic mechanical skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pre-plan lift and equipment requirements.
- Inspect and record pre-start checks on all equipment prior to every start up.
- Prepare Job Hazard Analysis, Risk Assessment and Take Fives as required.
- Accurately complete and return all required documentation to the Operations Controller daily.
- Report all vehicle and equipment defects promptly.
- Safely and efficiently operate allocated cranes/equipment.
- Return all equipment to designated areas after use and leave all areas clean and tidy.
- Carry out basic mechanical servicing on equipment when required.
- Take an active role in all toolbox, prestart and safety meetings.
- Always represent the company to clients in a positive manner.
- Take reasonable care to ensure own safety and health at work: and avoid affecting the safety and health of any other person(s) through any act or omission at work.
- Comply with instructions given by the employer (Tutt Bryant Crane Hire) for your own safety and health or for the safety and health of other persons.
- Report any workplace hazards and incidents and any work-related occupational injury/illness immediately to your supervisor.
- Use PPE as it is provided, by the employer in a manner in which you have been properly instructed to use it.
- Follow and enforce all site PPE requirements.
- Undertake all other duties as requested by Tutt Bryant Crane Hire Management or their company’s representatives.
If you have the above qualities, please press the “Apply Now” button to express your interest in this exceptional career opportunity.