With the challenges of servicing remote sites, a diverse range of equipment, climates and supported industries, Tutt Bryant’s maintenance, engineering and logistics teams are offered a great deal of opportunities, as well as some exciting challenges along the way.
Working in a mix of branch locations, field service and on fixed term project sites, Tutt Bryant’s teams are provided with a wide variety of and exposure to Nationally significant projects, as well as opportunities to service and support some of the most cutting-edge equipment in Australia.
Maintenance, Engineering and Logistics within Tutt Bryant offers opportunities for:
Mechanical Engineers and Mechanic Tradespersons
Equipment and Workshop Technicians
Freight & Import Specialists
Warehousing and Stores
Specialist Lifting Professionals
Project Engineers and Managers
Tutt Bryant Group
Tutt Bryant Equipment is one of Australia’s most iconic and enduring construction equipment suppliers. For over 80 years Tutt Bryant Equipment has been supporting the diverse needs of many industry groups with sales, service and support. Some of the industry groups include the construction, forestry, quarrying & hire industries plus the many regional and local council and municipals infrastructures.
As a result of recent changes and growth, we are currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic, committed, and hardworking person to join our team. In this key role you will be responsible for supervising our workshop team. You will be based at our Rocklea workshop and report to the QLD Service Manager.
Why work for Tutt Bryant?
“The most important reason why you would want to deal with TBE is because of our staff. The people who work here every day you can talk to each and every one of them.” Simon Davies, General Manager.
What would make you successful in this role?
- The understanding that nothing is more important than the safety of our people and our trading partners
- Excellent leadership and communication skills. These skills will be apparent both internally and with our valued customer base
- The ability to monitor and manage the performance our workshop team, and the skill to encourage your team to produce excellent work
- An understanding it is essential to have a workshop producing quality work to deadlines
- A team player who understands the needs and time constraints of our customers can change
- The ability to efficiently prioritise multiple tasks
- Experience with electrical and hydraulic equipment
- Experience with diagnosing faults and repairing electrical and / or hydraulic products
- Experience in managing costs and KPIs within budget
- Computer based skills
If you believe that you possess the necessary attributes to fulfil the above-mentioned role please apply online by submitting your resume along with a cover letter stating why you would be the right person for the job
“Service Manager QLD”