With the challenges of servicing remote sites, a diverse range of equipment, climates and supported industries, Tutt Bryant’s maintenance, engineering and logistics teams are offered a great deal of opportunities, as well as some exciting challenges along the way.
Working in a mix of branch locations, field service and on fixed term project sites, Tutt Bryant’s teams are provided with a wide variety of and exposure to Nationally significant projects, as well as opportunities to service and support some of the most cutting-edge equipment in Australia.
Maintenance, Engineering and Logistics within Tutt Bryant offers opportunities for:
Mechanical Engineers and Mechanic Tradespersons
Equipment and Workshop Technicians
Freight & Import Specialists
Warehousing and Stores
Specialist Lifting Professionals
Project Engineers and Managers
Workshop Supervisor – Construction Equipment
Tutt Bryant Equipment is Australia’s leading importer and national distributor of civil construction & earthmoving equipment for Yanmar, Sumitomo, Bomag, Okada & Metso. We cover everything from the mini digger 1.7s, up to the 50 ton Sumitomo excavators, Bomag road construction rollers, compactors & mixers, as well as huge mobile Metso crushers & screens in mines and quarries.
Our Sydney Service Department is looking for a workshop supervisor to manage the busy workshop at South Granville. Always with safety as priority one, you will coordinate the completion of pre-deliveries of new machines & general repairs to customers machines.
- You may be looking for an opportunity to transition your career from “on the tools” to a supervisory role.
- It is preferred you will be a qualified mechanic, possibly a heavy plant mechanic, with experience in construction machinery.
- Have electronics and hydraulics experience.
- You will understand safety for our people, our customers & the environment is critical.
- You will need to be administratively capable. A key component of the role is tracking of multiple work orders and contractor coordination.
- You will know how to appropriately delegate tasks and encourage workshop team members to achieve their best.
- You will have the ability to motivate those around you and resolve conflict.
- You can time manage, work well with dynamic timeframes and priorities
About your role
You report to the NSW Service Manager. You will supervise mechanics, apprentices, and sub-contractors within the workshop. Your role is to supervise all jobs in the workshop, co-ordinating day to day retail, warranty, and pre-deliveries. Oversee the day to day running of the workshop personnel. Ensure that a high level of workmanship and quality is adopted when repairs and modifications are carried out to customer owned equipment and in the preparation for sale of new and used equipment. Enforce the use of PPE at all times. Your role, depending on previous experience, will earn you a salary between $75-90k per year. It includes a company vehicle and phone.
If you would like to take the next step in your career, “get off the tools” and lead a successful team in a high paced busy workshop, then please send a detailed cover letter and a current resume.